It seems there’s always a reason to buy someone a gift – whether it’s the holidays, a birthday, an anniversary, there is never any shortage of gift-giving days, but there are, however, a shortage of great gift ideas. Seniors can be especially difficult to buy for because sometimes it seems like they’ve got everything they need, after all, they’ve had many birthdays, many holidays, and so they’ve so far received many, many gifts. But fret not; here are some tried and true gift ideas for seniors that will make their heart happy:
- Gift Certificates. Many seniors love eating out so a gift card to their favorite restaurant makes a great gift. Also consider a gift certificate to their local grocery store.
- Customized gifts like scrapbooks and videos are especially dear to seniors when their entire family is involved. It’s a perfect keepsake they can look at over and over and the love involved will shine through.
- Clothes or a gift card to a clothing store. Seniors don’t buy themselves a lot of clothes, after all, they are likely retired and don’t have to go to the office, and they often don’t justify spending money on clothes. Socks, sweaters, pants, all articles of clothing will be appreciated.
- Customized gift baskets make a great gift because you can fill them with a variety of items that the senior loves. Whether it’s soaps, perfume, lotions, chocolates, cheeses, sauces, sausage, gift cards, books, etc.
- Cozy blankets and throws never go unused, especially in a senior’s house. They are often inexpensive and can be soft as butter. If you want to, big box stores often offer the ability to customize throws with a special picture.
- Give the senior the gift of technology with a Smart phone or a tablet. This is a great gift because they will be able to keep in touch with the family and they can use the tablet as a means of entertainment by watching shows and movies.
Always Best Care has been in the senior care giving industry for the past 20 years. Serving seniors all over the United States and Canada, they take pride in the exceptional care provided by their dedicated caregivers. If you are interested in learning about elder care assistance in Fresno CA or senior home care services in Hanford, contact the Always Best Care Fresno location today at 1-855-484-2378 to set up a free consultation.